Friday, December 10, 2010

Quiz 1 Questions

1) In the von Neumann architecture, what does the control unit do?

2) An example of long-term memory is:
a) RAM
b) a CPU register
c) a hard disk
d) an elephant

3) In terms of fonts, what is a serif? ______________________


4) The ? wildcard character matches what?

5) Here is a word regular expression. Give an example of something this would match:
<([A-Z])[!aeiou]\1>

6) If select a word and then I change the font size, this will impact the formatting of entire paragraph.
a) True
b) False

7) Where would I find the record Macro button in Word?

8) A Word 2007 Document which does NOT include macros would have a file extension of:

9) What is the binary number 1010 in decimal?
a) 11
b) 10
c) 9
d) 8

10) To get the one's complement of a binary number,
a) I flip the bits
b) I flip the bits and add one
c) I tell it that its tie is nice
d) I shift the bits to the right

11) What is a command prompt?

12) In HTML, what does the <p> tag mean?

13) Give me an example of an output device.

14) If I made a 256-color bitmap, which was 10 pixels across and 10 pixels down, approximately how many bytes would that take up?

15) An example of something which uses lossless compression is:
a) GIF
b) BMP
c) Scalable Vector Graphics
d) JPG

1) In the von Neumann architecture, what does the bus do?

2) An example of short-term memory is:
a) RAM
b) a CD
c) a hard disk
d) an elephant

3) In terms of fonts, what is a point?


4) In Microsoft Word regular expressions, the < character does what?

5) Here is a word regular expression. Give an example of something this would match:
<P??X>

6) If select a word and then I change the margins, this will impact the formatting of the entire:
a) paragraph
b) page
c) section
d) document

7) What is the codebehind?

8) A plain text document, written in NOTEPAD, would typically have a file extension of:

9) What is the binary number 1000 in decimal?
a) 11
b) 10
c) 9
d) 8

10) To multiply a binary number by 2,
a) I flip the bits
b) I flip the bits and add one
c) I tell it that its tie is nice
d) I shift the bits one position to the left

11) What is a command prompt?

12) In HTML, what does the <h1> tag mean?

13) What is a bit?

14) If I made a 16-color bitmap, which was 10 pixels across and 10 pixels down, approximately how many bytes would that take up?

15) An example of something which does NOT use raster graphics is:
a) GIF
b) BMP
c) Scalable Vector Graphics
d) JPG

1) The ALU stands for
a) Truth, Justice, and the American Way!
b) The American Liberties Union
c) The Arithmetic / Logic Unit
d) The Arithmetic / Logarithmic Unit

2) In the von Neumann architechture, the thing which transfers 
data from one portion to another is called the
a) truck
b) bus
c) car
d) van

3) Define a fixed width font: ______________________


4) The * wildcard character matches what?

5) Here is a word regular expression. Give an example of something this would match:
<[A-Z][!aeiou][!aeiou][!aeiou]>

6) If select a word and then I change the line-spacing, this will impact the entire paragraph.
a) True
b) False

7) How do I display the Developer tab in Word?

8) A Word 2007 Document which happens to include macros would have a file extension of:

9) What is the binary number 1011 in decimal?
a) 11
b) 10
c) 9
d) 8

10) To get the two's complement of a binary number,
a) I flip the bits
b) I flip the bits and add one
c) I tell it that its tie is nice
d) I shift the bits to the right

11) What does GUI stand for?

12) In HTML, what is a tag?

13) Give me an example of an input device.

14) If I made a two-color bitmap (black and white), which was 400 pixels across and 100 pixels down, approximately how many bytes would that take up?

15) An example of something which uses lossy compression is:
a) GIF
b) BMP
c) Scalable Vector Graphics
d) JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment